Fort George G. Meade Complex, MD
Pay Plan: GG, Grade: 13/1 to 14/10
Open: 2023-02-23, Close: 2023-05-15
As a Contracting Specialist at NSA, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Designing acquisition strategies to meet the government’s needs through the most appropriate contracting method
– Conducting market research
– Preparing and issuing Requests for Proposal (RFP) and Requests for Quote (RFQ)
– Evaluating proposals from potential contractors/vendors
– Negotiating contract terms with selected contractors/vendors
– Evaluating procurements to ensure compliance with funding, legal, and program requirements
– Preparing and awarding contracts with supporting documentation in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations and NSA policy
– Administering contracts to include issuing modifications, monitoring performance, and ensuring payment is issued
– Solving complex and unique challenges that arise throughout the life of a contract
– Implementing best practices and processes
– Communicating program successes and issues with various levels and organizations throughout the Agency, as well as with external customers and contractors
– If not already completed, training in federal acquisition to become certified in Contracting under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act within 24 months of employment
As a Contracting Specialist with NSA, you will be empowered to develop, negotiate and manage contracts of varying types and dollar values (simplified purchases to multimillion dollar awards). You will have the opportunity to see your contributions to the mission first hand, while overseeing your requirements from cradle-to-grave.
The qualifications listed are the minimum acceptable to be considered for the position.
Relevant experience must be in business management (e.g., acquisition, procurement, finance, accounting, and logistics).
Federal contracting experience and DAWIA contracting II certification is preferred.
Entry is with a Bachelor’s degree plus 6 years of relevant experience, or a Master’s degree plus 4 years of relevant experience or a Doctoral degree plus 2 years of relevant experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 10 years of relevant experience, or an Associate’s degree plus 8 years of relevant experience may be considered for individuals with in-depth experience that is clearly related to the position.
The ideal candidate is someone with a desire for continual learning and who possesses strong communication (both oral and written), problem-solving, analytic and interpersonal skills, along with experience using the Microsoft office suite.
Selected individuals must be willing to work in a high-paced, rapidly changing environment.
Knowledge and experience in the following areas is required:
– Applying Federal and DoD Acquisition concepts, regulations, and statutes (e.g., FAR, DFAR, MPOAS, NSA acquisition directives, policies, and procedures)
– Negotiating and awarding contracts
– Understanding cost analysis
We are looking for someone who:
– Loves to learn
– Is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
– Can juggle multiple priorities and deadlines
– Enjoys problem-solving and strategic-thinking
– Communicates clearly and builds positive working relationships
– Doesn’t mind taking time to get the details right
– Enjoys teamwork and collaboration
– Curious to learn about unfamiliar topics
– Excels at Microsoft Excel
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary offers are based on candidates’ education and years of experience relevant to the position and also take into account information provided by the hiring manager/organization regarding the work level for the position.
Salary Range: $112,015 – $172,075 (Senior Level)
On-the job training, internal NSA courses, and external training will be made available based on the need and experience of the selectee.
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, with basic 8 hr/day work requirements between 0600 and 1800 (flexible)
How to apply
U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
Due to time sensitive communications regarding your application, please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please review the job posting thoroughly to ensure you meet the described qualifications and are aware of all associated requirements. To apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply’ button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the ‘Submit’ button, you will receive a confirmation email. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as job postings could close earlier than the closing date due to sufficient number of applicants, or the position is no longer available. You may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the application screening process and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to showcase within your resume those experiences relevant to this position. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet all position qualifications, may be contacted to begin employment processing. Please remain diligent in monitoring email and your SPAM folder. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. Please visit our Diversity link for more information.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans’ Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans’ preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.
MD_FortMeade MD_Maryland ZC20755 JBNSA|JBNSACOREJOB|JBNSAFIN|JBNSALOG|SKFIN|SKLOG