Fort George G. Meade Complex, MD
Pay Plan: GG, Grade: 07/1 to 12/10
Open: 2023-05-08, Close: 2023-05-22
Security and Counterintelligence is responsible for the protection of NSA/CSS information, people and facilities worldwide. In support of this mission, Acquisition Security Analysts apply acquisition security principles and risk reduction methodologies. They collect data concerning sponsor needs and product application by reviewing acquisition documentation or tasking from sponsoring organizations and interviewing sponsors. They evaluate vendors and products to determine the extent of any foreign influence. They coordinate with subject matter experts to determine the level or risk associated with product use.
Acquisition Security Analyst responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Applying principles, methods, and tools for assessing and mitigating threats/vulnerabilities
– Understanding commercial information technology marketplace, products, and services
– Assessing applicability of available tools to various situations
– Understanding the principal methods and techniques of gathering intelligence information
– Evaluating the scope and availability of intelligence analysis tools available at NSA
– Preparing and maintaining case files, risk assessments, and acquisition security databases detailing the findings, recommendations, status, and results of assessment actions.
– Reviewing acquisition strategy plans to identify acquisition security concerns associated with acquisition strategies and provide guidance for addressing those concerns.
– Developing and monitoring implementation and effectiveness of countermeasures for mitigating security risks.
– Briefing customers and managers concerning acquisition security policy and procedures and specific cases.
Acquisition Security Analysts support the Security and Counterintelligence mission primarily through the Office of Physical Security by applying acquisition security principles and risk reduction methodologies to tailor procedures to implement acquisition security principles to customer business practices. Acquisition Security Analysts play an important role in monitoring implementation and effectiveness of countermeasures for mitigating security risks, as well as relaying acquisition security policy and procedures to customers and managers.
The qualifications listed are the minimum acceptable to be considered for the position.
Degree in Criminology, Behavioral Science, Law Enforcement, Psychology, or Political Science is preferred, but a degree in any field is acceptable.
Relevant experience must be in financial analysis, research analysis, counterintelligence analysis, acquisition management, risk assessment, or NSA security and counterintelligence (CI) investigations.
Entry is with a Bachelor’s degree and no experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 4 years of relevant experience, or an Associate’s degree plus 2 years of relevant experience may be considered.
Entry is with a Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of relevant experience, or a Master’s degree plus 1 year of relevant experience or a Doctoral degree and no experience. A high school diploma or GED plus 7 years of relevant experience, or an Associate’s degree plus 5 years of relevant experience may be considered.
The ideal candidate is someone with a desire for continual learning and who possesses strong communication (oral and written), problem-solving, interpersonal skills, and is:
– able to provide timely and accurate responses to requests for assistance, information, products, or services
– able to resolve customer concerns, problems, and complaints and provide timely feedback to customers on resolutions
– able to work with customers to clarify their needs and to determine how their needs can be met
– able to use basic office resources, such as e-mail, web browsers, word processers, and presentation graphics
– comfortable consulting with coworkers, management, and contractors for technical, operational, or managerial advice or guidance
– willing to assist coworkers, subordinates, or other employees when needed
– able to work as part of a team
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary offers are based on candidates’ education level and years of experience relevant to the position and also take into account information provided by the hiring manager/organization regarding the work level for the position.
Salary ranges vary by work level.
Salary Range: $53,105 – $122,459 (Entry/Full Performance)
On-the-job training, internal NSA courses, and external training will be made available based on the need and experience of the selectee.
This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday.
How to apply
U.S. Citizenship is required for all applicants. NSA is an equal opportunity employer and abides by applicable employment laws and regulations. All applicants and employees are subject to random drug testing in accordance with Executive Order 12564. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a security background investigation and polygraph.
Due to time sensitive communications regarding your application, please ensure your spam filters are configured to accept email from email@example.com. Please review the job posting thoroughly to ensure you meet the described qualifications and are aware of all associated requirements. To apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply’ button located at the top right of this posting. After completing the application for the first time, or reviewing previously entered information, and clicking the ‘Submit’ button, you will receive a confirmation email. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible, as job postings could close earlier than the closing date due to sufficient number of applicants, or the position is no longer available. You may be asked a series of questions depending on the position you apply for. Your responses will be used as part of the application screening process and will assist in determining your eligibility for the position. Be sure to showcase within your resume those experiences relevant to this position. Failure to provide the required information or providing inaccurate information will result in your application not being considered for this position. Only those applicants who meet all position qualifications, may be contacted to begin employment processing. Please remain diligent in monitoring email and your SPAM folder. Reasonable accommodations may be provided to applicants with disabilities during the application and hiring process where appropriate. Please visit our Diversity link for more information.
This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS) position in the Excepted Service under 10 U.S.C. 1601. DoD Components with DCIPS positions apply Veterans’ Preference to eligible candidates as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 USC, in accordance with the procedures provided in DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 2005, DCIPS Employment and Placement. If you are a veteran claiming veterans’ preference, as defined by Section 2108 of Title 5 U.S.C., you may be asked to submit documents verifying your eligibility.
The National Security Agency (NSA) is part of the DoD Intelligence Community Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). All positions in the NSA are in the Excepted Services under 10 United States Codes (USC) 1601 appointment authority.
MD_FortMeade MD_Maryland ZC20755 JBNSA|JBNSACOREJOB|JBNSACYB|JBNSALOG|JBNSANEW|SKCYB|SKLOG|SKNEW