Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Amentum is looking for a Buyer II who will be responsible for procurement of materials, components, supplies and/or services for the company in accordance with standard operating procedures, contract requirements and federal acquisition regulations.
1) Establish source of suppliers, negotiate prices, delivery dates, and other necessary commitments based upon authorized requisition that maintains consistency with the Program/Requisitioning Unit requirement and compliance with company policies and federal regulations.
2) Provide guidance and information to requesters which include communication of procurement actions and assisting with special or complex requirements.
3) Maintain procedures to assure follow-up and administration of purchase order and subcontract files.
4) Coordinate requisition requirements with requesters.
5) Assist in the preparation of reports internally and for customers to comply with various laws, company policies and standard operating procedures.
6) Evaluate bids, selecting and recommending suppliers.
7) Review purchase requisitions and place orders with approved suppliers for routine and more complex purchases.
8) Negotiate price, quality and delivery dates and terms/ conditions.
9) Negotiate and settle with suppliers regarding damage claims, rejections, and losses, return of materials, over-shipments, and cancellations.
10) Expedite supplier deliveries to ensure on time commitments.
11) Resolve invoice discrepancies in collaboration with Accounts Payable.
12) Provide pricing in support of Business Development efforts.
13) Responsible for signature authority level increases, in line with Company procedures.
14) Responsible for signature authority level increases, in line with Company procedures.
15) Report and upload data into SCMS, ACMS and Procurement SharePoint sites as required.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Bachelor’s degree in associated discipline.
Two (2) years of experience in procurement or related field may be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college.
Two (2) to four (4) years’ experience in procurement role. Prefer government environment procurement experience.
Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments and work well under pressure.
Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels throughout the organization.
Good analytical skills.· Proficiency in Microsoft applications.
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate with suppliers.
Knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) preferred.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Generally, works in normal office/remote environment but may be required to travel domestically and internationally as per business requirement.
Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Safety – Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality – Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance – Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job
Amentum is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
Security Clearance Required: Yes
Amentum / Equal Opportunity Employer
JBAMN R0084968 2023.02.10
FVR01 SKUUU, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States Indianapolis, Indiana, United States ZC ZCCX