Reston, Virginia, USA
Computer Forensic & Intrusion Analyst
Job Category: Information Technology
Time Type: Full time
Minimum Clearance Required to Start: TS/SCI
Employee Type: Regular
Percentage of Travel Required: None
Type of Travel: None
What You’ll Get to Do:
CACI is looking for a Computer Forensic & Intrusion Analyst to support the requirements of a SAFe Agile Framework program. This position will be responsible for preserving and analyzing data from various sources, including laptops / desktops, servers, cloud-based services and the like.
More About the Role:
a) Provides knowledge in computer and network forensics
b) Knowledge of computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies
c) Conducts vulnerability assessments/penetration tests of information systems
d) Develops, researches, and maintains proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trend in computer and network vulnerabilities, data hiding, and encryption
e) Identifies, deters, monitors, and investigates computer and network intrusions.
f) Knowledge of incident response and handling methodologies. Knowledge of cyber-attack stages (e.g., reconnaissance, scanning, enumeration, gaining access, escalation of privileges, maintaining access, network exploitation, covering tracks).
h) Uses a variety of forensics and intrusion detection tools to conduct forensic examination activities including assisting in the analysis of various types of network, computer and technology devices which may contain digital evidence.
i) Provide computer incident and violation response support, and will participate in technical meetings and working groups to address issues related to computer security, protection against malware, and other vulnerabilities.
j) Investigate alerts identified by various security appliances and review audit logs to determine if an incident has occurred.
k) Use best practices to document and preserve digital evidence for legal proceedings.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
· Knowledge in the proper use of computer forensics and security compliance tools, and experience conducting Network based incident investigations
• Experience with Guidance Software toolsets to include EnCase Forensics and EnCase Enterprise
• Demonstrated understanding of client/server architecture and TCP/IP protocols
• Knowledge of modern Windows Server platforms and desktop operating systems
• Experience maintaining “chain of custody” by following standard rules of digital evidence.
• In-depth working knowledge in DOD and IC intelligence regulations
• Experience with intelligence oversight principles, must possess superior writing and briefing skills, and be capable of providing polished
Candidate must have a MA/MS degree with a minimum of 1 years of experience. This may be substituted with a BS/BA degree and a minimum of 12 years of total experience.
Candidate must be a US Citizen
Candidate must have an active TS/SCI
What We Can Offer You:
– We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
– Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
– We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
– We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
– For over 6 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
Company Overview: At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
As a federal contractor, CACI is subject to any federal vaccine mandates or other customer vaccination requirements. All new hires are required to report their vaccination status.
CACI / Equal Opportunity Employer
JBCAC 278267 2023.07.16
Top Secret SSBI SCI, CLZTS, — SKUUU, VA_RESTON VA_VIRGINIA ZC20191 ZC201Z