Radford Virginia 20191
Provide dispatch services for RFAAP fire department, RFAAP security officers, and plant safety.
- Provide Fire/EMS dispatch services for any hazardous plant activities.
- Perform daily duties in a proficient manner. I.e. dispatch check offs, station maintenance, and radio equipment checks.
- Be alert for possible fire, property, and life safety hazards on government property.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all fire department SOP’s, SOG’s, and CENTERRA’s rules and regulations, written and oral, pertaining to the assigned duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- GED or High School Diploma
- Must be 18 years old at time of hire
- Must have United States Citizenship (if naturalized, then must provide original certificate for inspection and copying)
- Must successfully complete drug screening requirements
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must be Nationally certified NIMS (National Incident Management System) levels 100, 200, 700 and 800 or be able to obtain within 90 days of employment. (online)
- Must have a valid Virginia Drivers License
- Accountability-Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
- Customer Oriented-Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures
- Decision Making-Ability to select an effective course of action appropriate to the current situation while following company procedures
- Ethical-Ability to be guided by the company’s accepted principles of moral conduct
- Initiative-Ability to act and take steps to solve or settle an issue
- Interpersonal Skills-Ability to develop and maintain relationships with others
- Working Under Stress-Ability to maintain composure when exposed to stress
- Record clear of any Domestic Violence Convictions
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work any shift
- A 90 day probationary period will be mandated
- Must be willing to work with minimum supervision
- Must be able to understand written and verbal orders
- Must be able to complete daily reports, and communicate, spell and have computer skills
- Must be available to work shifts on a swing rotation
- Must be able to maintain punctual work ethics
- Dispatchers will meet the requirements of NFPA Telecommunicator I Certification or equivalent. The Fire Chief will be the certification authority using NFPA 1061.
- Dispatchers must be able to manage and operate numerous types of systems. These include, but are not limited to:
- Mass Notification System(s), Intrusion Detection System(s), Motorola Land Mobile Radio System, Security Cameras,
- Access Control System (Paxton), Lightning Alerts, etc. On the Job Training will be provided.
- Dispatchers will be responsible for key control within dispatch. They will work with the Security Key Custodian to ensure compliance with all procedures.
- Notifications will be required in a timely manner. These are general updates for different scenarios (fire runs, ambulance runs, security issues, injuries, fatality, equipment damage, property, etc.). The Dispatcher will work to manage the distribution list and make notifications as directed.
- The dispatcher will maintain a police blotter.
- The dispatcher will maintain a clean work area and continuously strive to make continuous improvements for processes. They will also be responsible for developing guides, procedures, walkthroughs, and etc. for systems in dispatch and other task related to their job as directed by the Fire Chief.
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves extended periods of sitting while engaged with a computer terminal or phone.
- Must have close visual and audio acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; determining the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of work; or to make general observations of facilities or structures
- Must meet all physical and psychological standards as required by the contract
- Travel may be required
- Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching and bending throughout the workday.
Constellis / Equal Opportunity Employer
CGL-7051 5000918155300 JBCST
MMDUU, FVR02 SKUUU, Virginia_Radford Virginia_XXX ZC20191 ZCCX