Washington District Of Columbia 20191
The Electricians Mate (EM) Instructor provides instructional services to meet the Coast Guard’s unique needs. The instructor will provide expert skills and knowledge to deliver instruction to USCG students, focusing on ensuring students achieve the necessary skills mandated by the course curricula and course objectives. Instructors are required to evaluate students’ performance by verifying the students understanding of the course material, competency of learned skills, and the student’s ability to demonstrate applied knowledge.
- The instructor will provide expert skills and knowledge to deliver instruction to USCG students, focusing on ensuring students achieve the necessary skills mandated by the course curricula and course objectives.
- Instructors are required to evaluate students’ performance by verifying the students understanding of the course material, competency of learned skills, and the student’s ability to demonstrate applied knowledge.
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a primary classroom instructor.
- Seven (7) years field experience or a journeyman certification as an electrician, preferably experienced with Navy/Coast Guard shipboard electrical systems.
- Must possess subject matter knowledge and expertise in one or more of the following areas: AC/DC circuit theory; AC/DC generators and motors theory; electronic circuit theory; Boolean algebra; installation, maintenance, and repair of shipboard and shore power distribution and distribution systems; shipboard navigation systems; signal lights; interior communications systems; and small-boat electrical systems.
- No security clearance required.
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Classroom conditions will be comparable to a typical office setting with work hours of 0700-1900 based on the training schedule, with a typical 8-hour workday. Field/Range conditions requires wearing PPE, working outside in weather during all four seasons, with prolonged periods of standing and moving while delivering training.
Must pass a standard physical examination that includes, medical history, height, weight, blood pressure, and meet required fitness standards throughout employment under the contract. Must pass pre-employment drug testing and remain drug free for the duration of the contract. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. of equipment or stock inventory and stand for period of up to 8 hours per day.
Constellis / Equal Opportunity Employer
ACD-6871 5000900935806 JBCST
MMDUU, FVR02 SKUUU, District Of Columbia_Washington District Of Columbia_XXX ZC20191 ZCCX