Washington District Of Columbia 20191
The Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Instructor provides instructional services to meet the Coast Guard’s unique needs. The instructor will provide expert skills and knowledge to deliver instruction to USCG students, focusing on ensuring students achieve the necessary skills mandated by the course curricula and course objectives. Instructors are required to evaluate students’ performance by verifying the students understanding of the course material, competency of learned skills, and the student’s ability to demonstrate applied knowledge.
- The instructor will provide expert skills and knowledge to deliver instruction to USCG students, focusing on ensuring students achieve the necessary skills mandated by the course curricula and course objectives.
- Instructors are required to evaluate students’ performance by verifying the students understanding of the course material, competency of learned skills, and the student’s ability to demonstrate applied knowledge.
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Education (Desired): Bachelor’s Degree in Allied Health or in educational practices
- Certification: CPR and National Registry EMT
- Certification (Desired): National Registry Advanced EMT or Paramedic preferred. Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS), Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS), Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) certifications and CG PERJC.
- Experience: 5 years of field experience as a practicing EMT or paramedic.
- Experience: Must possess a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a primary classroom instructor providing training.
- Experience (Desired): Work experience aboard a variety of afloat and shore units.
- No security clearance required.
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Classroom conditions will be comparable to a typical office setting with work hours of 0700-1900 based on the training schedule, with a typical 8-hour workday. Field/Range conditions requires wearing PPE, working outside in weather during all four seasons, with prolonged periods of standing and moving while delivering training.
Must pass a standard physical examination that includes, medical history, height, weight, blood pressure, and meet required fitness standards throughout employment under the contract. Must pass pre-employment drug testing and remain drug free for the duration of the contract. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. of equipment or stock inventory and stand for period of up to 8 hours per day.
Constellis / Equal Opportunity Employer
ACD-6873 5000900938806 JBCST
MMDUU, FVR02 SKUUU, District Of Columbia_Washington District Of Columbia_XXX ZC20191 ZCCX