Alexandria Virginia 22206
POSITION: Background Field Investigator – (Entry Level)
Conduct federal background investigations and prepare reports of investigations in compliance with Federal Investigative Standards, all laws, and other required federal agency regulations. Work cases throughout the geographic area of responsibility and travel to various places of employment, residence, and education institutions.
Driving is an essential function of the job and Motor Vehicle Records may be checked as part of the hiring process or at any time during employment. Candidates with poor driving history will not be considered.
- Current (within the last 2 years) Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) or active Secret level security clearance based on an SSBI or
- Candidate must be willing to complete security paperwork and participate in a Background Investigation to include 10+ years of history comprising items such as residence, education, employment, financial, medical, and personal records
- Ability to acquire and maintain any other specific special clearances/access requirements
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree from accredited College or University
- Reliable personal vehicle, valid driver’s license, and satisfactory driving record
- Attend and successfully pass all required training which includes 4-week virtual classroom training and 2-week in person mentorship with Senior Investigator
Desired Experience and Education:
- Office of Personnel Management investigator training.
- Prior background investigations experience supporting government contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice or a related field.
- Current Top-Secret clearance
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct in-person, one-on-one subject interviews to obtain information about the individual’s background and character, in accordance with agency guidelines and instructions.
- Obtain factual information from a variety of personal and record sources to produce a report of investigation that contains all pertinent facts of an individual’s background and character in accordance with agency guidelines and instructions
- Complete record checks at law enforcement agencies, courthouses, education and employment records, financial/bankruptcy records, and medical/mental health records
- Obtain and complete fieldwork in a rapid, time-sensitive work environment while meeting quality and timeliness metrics
- Travel throughout the geographic area of responsibility to conduct investigations at various places of employment, residence, and education institutions as cases are assigned
- Must be willing to travel in and around assigned location within 30-50 miles (or more), radius of their region (or more as needed)
- Engage in dialogue on a regular basis with case managers and representatives at contractor facilities, various U. S. Government organizations, and law enforcement agencies to develop and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships
- Communicate effectively with Regional Field Managers, Lead Investigators, and Case Managers to ensure timeliness and thoroughness of investigations
- Adapt to changing situations and environments as they occur and be able to interact with people from all walks of life and socioeconomic levels
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communications skills and exhibit professional demeanor in all situations
- Workload based on availability of cases in geographic area
- Some voluntary, temporary duty assignments in other areas of the country (typically 2-4 weeks at a time) are possible
- Must reside within 15-20 miles of requisition location at time of training starting Location changes could impact continued employment.
- Other duties as required.
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation, a flexible benefits package, work-life balance, and tailored career development programs that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
Constellis / Equal Opportunity Employer
OSI-7345 5000943443200 JBCST
MMDUU, FVR02 SKUUU, Virginia_Alexandria Virginia_XXX ZC22206 ZCCX