Centerra is seeking a Full Time Fire Captain EMT/Shift Supervisor at the Alexandria International Airport / England Airpark in Alexandria, Louisiana location.
Position is Non-Exempt and requires employee to work regularly scheduled overtime with the ability to respond to emergency call back as required.
- Under the supervision of the Fire Chief and Assistant Fire Chief, will assist in the direction of and participate in all firefighting activities at England Airpark and its facilities.
- Perform all duties as set forth in the job description for Fire Captain EMT, Driver/Operator, and Firefighter.
- Supervise, instruct, direct, lead a team of firefighters in all aspects of emergency and non-emergency/daily operations including daily assignments as required.
- Assists with the planning, conducting, instruction, tracking, and supervision of all areas of corporate, fire, rescue, safety, and medical training.
- Assist in the provision of the general security on the Airport / Airpark.
- Assist in the supervision, detection, reporting, and documentation of airport/airpark safety hazards.
- Assist in the maintenance of the fire / safety apparatus, equipment, and facilities.
- Prepare and assist in the training of mutual aid personnel.
- Prepare and assist in the training of airpark employees, tenants, visitors, and residence.
- Assist in the supervision and detection of airport safety hazards.
- Assign duties to personnel assigned to their shift.
- Prepare daily station log, State fire incidents reports, and any other reports or paperwork that may be required.
- Assist in the supervision of Airport facility, ARFF, Structural, Rescue, Hazardous Material, and EMS operations on assigned shifts and/or act as the IC in the fire chief’s and assistant fire chiefs’ absence.
- Have a working knowledge of the Incident Command System.
- Supervise personnel assigned to their shifts.
- Perform evaluations on employees when requested.
- Ensure contractual compliance
- Adhere to and maintain a working knowledge of the policies & procedures of, and Constellis, Centerra, England Airpark, FAA, PIAL, BEMS, and the NFPA.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned by the fire chief and/or Assistant Fire Chief
- 21 years of age or older
- US Citizen
- GED or High School Diploma
- Possess and maintain a valid driver license and driving history acceptable to the customer
- Complete and maintain an extensive criminal/background check acceptable to the Company, FAA and customer
- Must have at least four (4) years verifiable full-time firefighting experience, including two (2) years’ experience with ARFF services at an FAA regulated airfield
- Must have a minimum of two (2) years verifiable supervisory experience
- Must have NIMS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700, and 800
- Must have and maintain AHA CPR (Professional Rescuer Level)
- Must have IFSAC Hazardous Materials Operations and Firefighter II certification.
- Must have IFSAC Fire Officer I certification.
- Must have ISFAC Fire Instructor I certification.
- Must have ISFAC D/O certification (Pumper).
- Must have IFSAC Airport Firefighter certification.
- Must have and maintain NREMT/LABEMS Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Certification Basic Level or Higher.
- Must meet all qualifications of the Firefighter / EMT / Fire Equipment Operator
- Must have prior experience in operations of ARFF apparatus (class IV or class V) including HRET
- Working knowledge of CAD, Fire House Software, and Emergency Reporting Software
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft programs including Excel and Word
- Ability to direct and others with or without supervision
Constellis offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflect its commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Paid Time-Off Program & Company Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Insurance: Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- On-the-job Training, Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Exposure to all type of weather and temperature conditions.
- Exposure to dust, dirt, mud.
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals and infectious substances.
- Exposure to moving machinery, nip points.
- Exposure to high stress situations.
- Exposure to life threatening situation.
- Work in bulky, heavy protective clothing.
- Multiple work sites.
- Operate a motor vehicle.
- Operate heavy equipment.
- Operate small equipment and power tools.
- Operate a computer keyboard.
- Operate office equipment.
- Climb ladders/stairs.
- Walk, crawl, sit, stand, stoop, bend, squat, push, pull, jump, and run.
- See, hear, talk, and write.
- Have physical dexterity and agility.
- Eye-hand coordination.
- Operate airport radio.
- Operate machinery.
- Ability to perform the above functions while wearing full PPE, SCBA, and carrying additional equipment and/or other persons.
Constellis / Equal Opportunity Employer
CGL-7382 5000946230800 JBCST
MMDUU, FVR02 SKUUU, Louisiana_Alexandria Louisiana_XXX ZC ZCCX