REQUISITION TYPE: PIPELINE
Own your opportunity to serve as a critical component of our nation’s safety and security. Make an impact by using your expertise to protect our country from threats.
Systems Administrator Senior
Transform technology into opportunity as a Systems Administrator Senior with GDIT. A career in enterprise IT means connecting and enhancing the systems that matter most. At GDIT you’ll be at the forefront of innovation and play a meaningful part in improving how agencies operate.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Systems Administrator Senior you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on Systems Administrator Senior joining our team to:
Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network engineers.
Sets up administrator and service accounts, maintains system documentation, tunes system performance, installs system-wide software, and allocates mass storage space.
Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation, and provides backup recovery.
Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field.
General knowledge of other related disciplines.
Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives.
Contributes to completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources.
Works under very general direction.
Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work may be reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts.
Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
• 6+ years of experience diagnosing/debugging faults in complex online services
• Demonstrated ability to lead teams while performing on-shift individual contributor work
• Hold active TS/SCI security clearance with a full-scope polygraph fully adjudicated by the designated agency.
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
● Full-flex work week to own your priorities at work and at home
● 401K with company match
● Comprehensive health and wellness packages
● Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
● Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
● Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
● Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
GDIT / Equal Opportunity Employer
JBGDJ RQ145536 2023.07.16
Top Secret SSBI SCI, CLZTS, SKITT, — SKUUU, VA_RESTON VA_VIRGINIA ZC20191 ZC201Z