epartment of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Security Operations Center (SOC) is a US Government program responsible to prevent, identify, contain and eradicate cyber threats to CBP networks through monitoring, intrusion detection and protective security services to CBP information systems including local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), commercial Internet connection, public facing websites, wireless, mobile/cellular, various cloud environments, security devices, servers and workstations. The CBP SOC is responsible for the overall security of CBP Enterprise-wide information systems, and collects, investigates, and reports any suspected and confirmed security violations.
The ideal candidate will have an advanced understanding of multiple Operating Systems, monitoring and detection techniques and methods, and Incident Response Lifecycle. The candidate must be familiar with the operation of common protocols, network intrusion detection systems, and endpoint detection and response tools. Experience using PowerShell, Python, or Bash to automate common tasks is highly preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct investigations by analyzing and verifying information utilizing log analysis, digital evidence collection and forensic procedures.
• Use Network and Host based tools to monitor and detect potential threats and unauthorized activity across Windows, Unix, Cloud, and Mobile devices.
• Perform forensic and memory analysis on Windows, Unix, Mobile, and Cloud devices and infrastructure.
• Develop and update security content such as IDS signatures. SIEM queries, alerts, and dashboards, Standard Operating Procedures, and other detection and mitigation measures.
• Identify network visibility and technology gaps to make recommendations to improve the organizations overall security posture.
• Automate procedures and develop code to eliminate repetitive manual tasks.
• Collaborate and coordinate with other entities within and outside the SOC.
Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering Field, IT, or Cybersecurity or related field
3+ years of experience be in the areas of incident detection and response, remediation malware analysis, or computer forensics.
Ability to script in one more of the following computer languages Python, Bash, Visual Basic or Powershell
Must have at least one of the following certifications:
SANS GIAC: GCIA, GCFA, GPEN GCFE, GREM, or GCIH ISC2 CCFP, CCSP, CISSP, CERT CSIH EC Council: CHFI, Offensive Security: OSCP, OSCE, OSWP and OSEE Encase: EnCE, DOD 8570: IAT L3, CNDSP Analyst or IR Carnegie Mellon: CSIH
- Between 1-2 years of experience in two or more of these specialized areas:
- Insider Threat
- Digital media forensic
- Monitoring and detection
- Incident Response
The candidate should have at minimum ONE of the following certifications:
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP).
- SANS – GCIA – Intrusion Analyst
- SANS – GREM – Reverse Engineering Malware
- SANS – GISF – Security Fundamentals
- SANS – GXPN – Exploit Researcher and Advanced Penetration Tester
- SANS – GMON – Continuous Monitoring Certification
- OSCP (Certified Professional)
- OSCE (Certified Expert)
- OSWP (Wireless Professional)
- OSEE (Exploitation Expert)
- CCSP – Certified Cloud Security Professional
- LPT – Licensed Penetration Tester
- ECSA – EC-Council Certified Security Analyst
- Cyber Analyst Couse
- Team Lead experience in a security related environment
- -Ability to coordinate and communicate well with team leads and government personnel
- -Provide weekly status reports and requested documentation
- -Experience in cyber government, and/or federal law enforcement
All Department of Homeland Security CBP SOC employees are required to favorably pass a 5-year (BI) Background Investigation
Pay Range $97,500.00 – $150,000.00 – $202,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos / Equal Opportunity Employer
R-00105096 JBLDJ 2023-02-28 19:27:00 UTC
‘-, CLZUU, SKINT, SKCIN, SKACT, — SKUUU, VA_Ashburn VA_xxx ZC20147