United States Citizenship
Principal/Sr. Principal Training Devices Project Mgmt / Scrum Master (DoD SkillBridge)-9483
Requisition ID: R10108645
Category: Program Management
Location: Roy, UT, USA
Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
Clearance Type: Secret
Telecommute: No- Teleworking not available for this position
Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Travel Required: No
Positions Available: 1
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
As one of the largest global security companies in the world, Northrop Grumman is proud to help our nation’s military personnel make the transition to civilian careers. Approximately 1/4th of Northrop Grumman’s 90,000 employees self-identify as veterans, and more than 1,600 are reservists.
The Northrop Grumman Military Internship Program (NG-MIP) is an approved SkillBridge Program under Dept. of Defense Instruction 1322.29 . NG-MIP is an opportunity for transitioning service members to gain valuable civilian work experience through an individual internship during their last 6 months of service, for up to 180 days. The Northrop Grumman Military internship Program is open to all ranks and experience levels. SkillBridge participants are not eligible for compensation from Northrop Grumman, as they continue to receive military compensation and benefits as active-duty service members.
Responsibilities for this internship position are:
Northrop Grumman Corporation (NGC) has developed the Northrop Grumman – Military Internship Program (DoD SKillbridge) utilizing the DoDI guidance for Skillbridge. During this program the service member will be on-site at his or her host company performing an individual internship in an entry to mid-level career type role. The service member will be on the job training supporting a work schedule equivalent to 40hrs per week. Outlined below are the Goals, Objectives, and Outcomes for the program.
Goals – Provide transitioning service members fellowship-style job skills training during the last portion(s) of their military commitment. This program is specifically designed to offer internships that result in the potential to transition to a full-time opportunity as the conclusion of the training. Interns will serve as a pipeline for high-speed, motivated military candidates into NGC.
Objectives – Service Members who complete the Intern program will be highly-trained, capable, future employees that align to the specific needs of the organization and are prepared to meet the NG mission “Defining Possible” on Day 1. This program provides a comprehensive internship experience including professional development, networking with leadership, and training specifically focused on NG leadership principles, company history, customer/stakeholder engagement, product and service overview, and core job responsibilities.
Outcome – Offer transitioning service member a rewarding opportunity to join the Northrop Grumman team.
DoD SkillBridge Eligibility:
· Has served at least 180 days on active duty
· Is within 12 months of separation or retirement
· Will receive an honorable discharge
· Has taken any service TAPS/TGPS
· Has attended or participated in an ethics brief within the last 12 months
· Received Unit Commander (first O-4/Field Grade commander in chain of command) written authorization and approval to participate in DoD SkillBridge Program prior to start of internship.
Project Manager Job Description:
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Principal/ Senior Principal Project Management person with Scrum Master experience. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Sentinel/Ground Base Strategic Deterrent program (GBSD) Training Devices team. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
• Lead the efforts of developing Scaled Agile engineering and management best practices, metrics, and audit practices.
• Conduct Scrum Team training, product backlog and retrospective training, Lean Agile development training.
• Support a range of technical disciplines from software engineering to hardware to cyber to testing automation on a Scrum Team.
• Facilitate daily Scrum meetings and regular ceremonies.
• Collect and analyze related metrics for trends and indicators, facilitate iteration/increment planning, provide Agile coaching and mentoring at all levels within the organization.
• Lead the iterative solution lifecycle from executable architecture to maintenance, including: concept development, iterative design, production, delivery and deployment.
• Have an understanding of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
• Regular interaction with the customer.
• For the Principal level, Bachelor’s degree, 6 years’ experience in project management Or 4 years with Master’s Degree
• For the Senior Principal level, Bachelor’s degree, 10 years’ experience in project management Or 4 years with Master’s Degree
• Proficiency with MS Office applications
• The ability to manage communications with stakeholders through organized processes to ensure that program information is defined, collected, shared, understood, stored and retrieved in a manner that effectively meets program stakeholder needs.
• The ability to identify and address program impacts through systematic, proactive, approaches to issue and problem resolution that identifies, communicates, monitors and promptly resolves conflicts.
• Active Secret Clearance and the ability to be upgraded and the ability to obtain program access.
• Bachelor’s degree in Project Management or related discipline from an accredited college.
• Experience as a Scrum Master (or similar relatable experience – i.e. Certified Scrum Practitioner, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, etc.)
• Active DoD Secret security clearance
• Master’s Degree
• Active Top Secret Clearance
• Knowledge of Project Management principles and experience utilizing them professionally
• Preferred Qualifications:
• Familiarity with Missile Defense, Missile Warning and Space Situational Awareness missions.
• Knowledge of System Engineering principles and requirements management.
• Experience with transitioning teams from Waterfall to Agile methods and practices.
• Certification in one or more of these designations is desired: Certified SAFe Program Consultant (SPC), Certified Scrum at Scale Practitioner, Certified Agile Coach, Certified facilitator, Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Certified Scrum Trainer, and Project Management Professional (PMP).
• Experience implementing Agile principles and practices within DoD or Federal government environments.
Salary Range: $74,600 USD – $111,800 USD
Salary Range 2: $92,400 USD – $138,600 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
What’s great about
Be part of a culture that thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work.
Use your skills to build and deliver innovative tech solutions that protect the world and shape a better future.
Enjoy benefits like work-life balance, education assistance and paid time off.
Did you know?
Northrop Grumman leads the industry team for NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope, the largest, most complex and powerful space telescope ever built. Launched in December 2021, the telescope incorporates innovative design, advanced technology, and groundbreaking engineering, and will fundamentally alter our understanding of the universe.
Northrop Grumman / Equal Opportunity Employer
SKSTU, FVR08 SKUUU, Roy, Utah Roy, Utah ZC