ANALYTIC WRITER & EDITOR
Job ID: 2217895
Location: CHANTILLY, VA, United States
Date Posted: May 13, 2023
Subcategory: Intel Analyst
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: TS/SCI with Poly
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No Remote
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
– Provide a substantive review of written analytic all-source intelligence products and offer solutions for product improvement.
– Communicate potential product issues in a way that assumes mutual trust and fosters teambuilding.
– Be willing to hear/think through/adjudicate others’ perspectives.
– Identify and provide solutions for missing or incorrect information in an author’s analysis/research.
– Copyedit for overall readability, flow, and product organization.
– Provide product consistency whenever possible but be willing to think outside the box to capture unique reporting.
– Provide careful, detailed proofreading edits in accordance with the customer style guide.
– Ensure the bottom line is up front and that all subsequent information supports the bottom line.
– Ensure paragraphs use mapping techniques to help readers know what to expect in the paragraph.
– Ensure text is concise and fits within limited space. All information must be relevant to the storyline.
– Research and validate content sourced in written products for accuracy and completeness using multiple platforms.
– Prioritize multiple competing priorities to aid in desired delivery outcomes and complete requests for information across. counterintelligence (CI) and counterterrorism (CT) subject areas by a specific due date.
– Recommend areas of additional research to the author where the storyline appears to be lacking.
– Provide coordination feedback to external groups of their products.
– Demonstrate mastery of using MS Word track changes.
– Must have a basic understanding or awareness of technical identity threats.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must have an active/current TS/SCI with polygraph.
Bachelor’s degree’s and 5 years of experience or 5 additional years experience in lieu of degree.
IC experience in writing and editing.
5+ years of experience editing, researching and writing intelligence reports for the IC.
5+ years of experience conducting all source analysis to produce finished intelligence.
Experience with numerous analytic tools and databases used across the IC.
Experience with customer communications systems and supporting mission center across multiple IC agencies.
Experience in counterterrorism (CT) and counterintelligence (CI).
Experience in multitasking and working under tight deadlines.
Experience working both independently and as a team working a deliverable.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation’s technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers’ missions.
We are approximately 26,000 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which is core to our values and important to attract and retain exceptional talent. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.4 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom.
SAIC / Equal Opportunity Employer
JBMSC 2023-05-26 19:08:52
Top Secret with Polygraph Required, CLZTS, CLZCI, — SKUUU, VA_CHANTILLY VA_VIRGINIA ZC20152 ZC201Z